Wednesday 7 December 2011

THE ENAID

Hi everyone! As Wednesday rolls around again (and after the seriousness of Monday's post) I'd like to share something fun and rather beautiful - this video made by long-time blog commentor Alex, which she calls The Enaid.

The Enaid, for anyone who hasn't read the book, is the name of the magical earth energy or spirit of the land which features in my first novel The Swan Kingdom. In the video Alex uses quotes from The Swan Kingdom to highlight the loveliness of shots of one of her favourite places, which happens to remind me very much of the marsh/meadowlands where I live. Since the countryside surrounding my home was a partial inspiration for the book, I find what Alex has done here very effective.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

AmieSalmon said...

Wow, I love the music. It feels like there is so many layers to it, rather magical.

Zoë Marriott said...

Amie: What makes it even more impressive is that the first version Alex made was blocked by YouTube because the music was copyright, so she had to re-upload with a different backing track.

Nara said...

Lovely! Did you get 'enaid' from the welsh for 'soul'? (I'm a Welsh speaker ;) )

Zoë Marriott said...

Nara: Yes! And I think you're the first person who's ever noticed - gold star for you :)

Megz said...

That's a lovely video! (Well done, Alex :)) It does seem magical.

Isabel said...

Such a beautiful video! Thanks, Alex!

Alex Mullarky said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it, Zoe! :):):) thanks for posting it!

Nara said...

Yay! I thought it would be because you used Welsh names like Branwen for your characters. So, have you read the Mabinogi? Anyway it's lovely to see them being used because sadly Welsh Mythology isn't so talked about as I think it deserves! (and of course it's lovely to see them being used in such a brilliant book!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...