Monday 20 May 2013

THREE THINGS ON TUESDAY

Happy Tuesday, Dear Readers! Welcome to a mid-week feast of randomness from yours truly.

Thing the First: The very first blog review of The Night Itself! From the delightful Laura at Sister Spooky. This review contains a line I absolutely adore, because it perfectly sums up the book: 
Mio is transitioning from child to adult and finding it hard to fit in, even in her own skin and having a demon after your flesh and the fate of the city in your hands is a tad much for anyone.
How right Laura is! My poor Mio. Not only do her boobs stubbornly refuse to grow, but now she has to deal with the apocalypse too? Not cool, man. Not cool.

Laura is one of a small group of bloggers who got an early ARC of the book to review, because they're taking part in a special, The Night Itself-related project which is the brainchild of Lovely Lass. This is going to be very, very cool, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to share it with you all soon (but no promises, because it's Lovely Lass' baby, not mine).

Thing the Second: My second lot of music recommendations in as many weeks. I've listened to a lot of new artists over the last month - new to me, that is - and I've been finding a lot of inspiration in being surrounded by new voices, new sounds, new songs. So here are a couple of songs I've recently discovered and love, and have been singing in the shower.



In searching for these on YouTube, I discovered that half of them have apparently featured on The Vampire Diaries. I find this really odd. I am not a Vampire Diaries viewer, and yet about 50% of the time when I find a new song that I love, it turns out to have been on this show. Perhaps their musical director is my song-soulmate? Well, the songs are great anyway.

Thing the Third: This is me right now. Pretty much literally. My eyes are doing that exact crossing-thingie and I too am finding it all too easy to sort of wibble myself into a heap on the floor. Send me love and smoochies, you guise. I need all the help I can get.

6 comments:

Emma Pass said...

HUGS! I'm sending 'em! You can do eet!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thank you, Emma! *Hugs back*

Isabel said...

Yay so excited for The Night Itself! Thanks for the music recs, I love the last song :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Isabel: Good and good :)

Rachel Balcombe said...

Hugs and virtual chocolate being sent your way!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thank you, Rachel. They are much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...