Tuesday 23 December 2014

THINGS I'LL NEVER SAY

Hello, and Happy Holiday Season, my honeybunches! I hope everyone's fully prepared to either celebtrate or else hunker down and comfortably ignore all the winter festivities, whichever is your preference. Today's the last blog post you'll be getting from me for the next couple of weeks, as I'm taking a little bit of time off for Christmas and the New Year, so I thought I would share some new cover art.

This is for the anthology I've mentioned a few times before; produced by Candlewick Press and due out in hardcover in the US in March 2015, it's entitled THINGS I'LL NEVER SAY and is full of short stories on the theme of secrets and secret selves. I was told that my UK publisher Walker Books would be releasing this anthology here in Britain at some point, too, but I don't know any details about that yet, sadly. I'll update you when I do! In the meantime, I'll probably look at getting hold of some copies of this so I can do a giveaway for British and European Dear Readers in March.

My story - my first ever published short story, in fact - is called 'Storm Clouds Fleeing From the Wind' and is set in the universe of Shadows on the Moon, casting light on the young Akira's famous (and scandalous) dance at the Shadow Ball that changed her life forever. I'm really proud of this piece of work. I hope that others will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Now, without any further delay, here's the cover:


I don't technically have permission to post this here, but it's already up on Goodreads and Amazon, so... whatevs. What do you think of it? Let me know in the comments :) Read you later, lovelies!

5 comments:

Alex Mullarky said...

It's so colourful! Love it!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thanks, Alex! It's actually a collage which was commissioned and photographed for the cover, which makes it a bit special, I think.

Rachel Balcombe said...

Argh, it's so pretty, and what a lovely theme! Darn my geography. Though I think I have a friend in America this year so... hello late xmas prezzies! :)

Ann Angel said...

Thanks for posting about this! I just wanted to add a note for your readers that your story is truly one of the most tantalizing!
Ann Angel, ed.

Zoë Marriott said...

Thank you, Ann!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...