Wednesday 16 November 2011

RANDOM WEDNESDAY

Hi everyone! Welcome to a random blogpost of randomness, in which I will share a few things that have made me smile this week, in the hopes that they might make YOU smile, too.

First, this music video for the song A Thousand Years. Yes, it comes from the Breaking Dawn soundtrack and yes, the video does contain some clips from the film. And yes, you know I'm not really a fan of this whole Twilight thing. But this song is gorgeous and it works just as well for the lead characters of The Katana Trilogy (aka Big Secret Project) as for Bella and Edward. So I'm reclaiming it. As of now, it belongs to Shinobu and Mio.


Next, this picture (courtesy of YA Highway) which goes a long way to explaining why I have turned out the way I am.


How about this trailer for the new Snow White and the Huntsman film? I'll tell you the truth, this gives me shivers down the spine - it feels like it came right out of my imagination. Can anyone say 'Zella'? Can't wait to see this!

And this picture, which I found on Pinterest and absolutely adore: I'll be using this as inspiration for Barefoot on the Wind (the Other Novel that I'm going to be working on, and which I'll tell you more about some other time):


And finally, yesterday I realised that one of my absolute favourite musical artists, Two Steps From Hell, had released a new album and I'd somehow missed it! The thrill of this is almost impossible to describe. Nineteen new epic tracks! Love! Joy! Happiness! So here I offer you the first track from the album Archangel, which I can tell is going to be inspiring the heck out of me for many years to come.

12 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I feel quite inspired by this post this morning. I desperately want to see the Snow White film and I can't wait to see Breaking Dawn on Friday.

Alex Mullarky said...

I love that Christina Perri song! And Two Steps From Hell! Good choices :p

Zoë Marriott said...

Vivienne: Me and a few friends are thinking of going to see Breaking Dawn too, just so that we can see how they handle the...er...you know, the bits with the baby getting born. That's sure to be a once in a life-time cinema event!

Alex: I know, right? My iPod is extremely happy atm!

Amy said...

This blog really did make me smile, thank you so much for that! :) I love the trailer for Snow White & the Huntsman too, I can't wait to see that. And that picture of the cat and mouse is great, it suits me perfectly :p

Zoë Marriott said...

Amy: The person who put that picture together was a genius. That's exactly how I've felt all my life!

Jenni (Juniper's Jungle) said...

What a great post! I'm liking the Christina Perri track, I can't quite make my mind up about her music but I definitely like that track.

Zoë Marriott said...

Jenni: I've only heard one other CP song, so I've not go enough context to make up my mind, but I think I'll be listening to this song for a long time regardless.

Rebecca Lindsay said...

Hi, this post was really inspiring. I want to write something now lol.
I can't wait to see that Snow White movie! It looks so good and, even though I like Twilight, I can't wait to see Kirsten Dunst doing something that isn't just "I love you Edward. I love you Jacob. I love you Edward, lets get married" lol.
That song by Two Steps From Hell is the first song I've heard by them. Its lovely. It reminds me of the elf music from Lord of the Rings. I never knew there was a group out there that did that kind of stuff :)

Zoë Marriott said...

Rebecca: I think perhaps you mean Kirsten Stewart? LOL.
Yes, Two Steps From Hell music gets used on all sorts of wonderful trailers and TV programmes and often I much prefer it to the official soundtrack! Their work is epic and stirring and perfect for writing to.

Rebecca Lindsay said...

Yeh, sorry Kirsten Stewart. I'm always saying her last name wrong lol.
I've just had a listen to some of their other tracks and it sounds really good! Another add to my xmas list lol

Zoë Marriott said...

Rebecca: My recommendation is to start with their first album 'Legend'. That's a classic.

Isabel said...

Love love love! I love the music + the image (I have to say it does remind me of your work!) and I simply HAVE to see that movie. It totally creeped me out and now I need to see more!! Eeek!

Thanks for the inspiring post. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...